Dr. Dustin Anderson was born and raised near his alma mater, the University of Wisconsin. He obtained his medical degree at the Medical College of Wisconsin and completed residency training at the University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus in Denver. He served as Chief Resident before completing advanced fellowship training in Pain Medicine and serving as a Clinical Instructor in the department.
During his time at Anschutz, Dr. Anderson spent four years at the Spine Center, taking care of patients with complex spine and sports issues and served as the team physician for the University of Denver’s Division I women’s soccer, basketball, volleyball and lacrosse teams.
He has also worked with elite athletes at the University of Colorado Champions Center in Boulder and at UCHealth—the official healthcare partner of the Denver Broncos, Colorado Rockies, Denver Nuggets, Colorado Avalanche, and other local sports teams.
Dr. Anderson is an expert in regenerative medicine, ultrasound and fluoroscopically guided (X-ray) procedures. He specializes in nonoperative care for disorders of the bones, nerves, joints and muscles.
Dr. Anderson has a passion for machine learning and artificial intelligence and is currently involved in a Google-funded research project. New to the Aspen area, Dr. Anderson grew up visiting family in Marble, Colorado and enjoys hiking, skiing, rafting, and all that the Roaring Fork Valley has to offer.
According to Dr. Anderson, “My passion is caring for patients suffering from musculoskeletal conditions, including spine and sports injuries, using every available tool to help folks get back to their highest level of function. Compassion, quality of life and patient-focused care are central to my philosophy. I strive to treat my patients like family. Every person has a unique story, a special set of circumstances that brought them here, and I enjoy working with patients on a treatment plan to achieve their best outcome and highest goals.”
Below, please find a detailed list of the procedures offered by Dr. Anderson:
- Steroid, PRP (platelet-rich plasma), stem cell, and viscosupplementation injections (GelOne, Supartz, Orthovisc and others)
- Ultrasound-guided injections (lateral epicondylitis, carpal tunnel, greater trochanteric bursa, pes anserine bursa, retrocalcaneal bursa, and more)
- Epidural steroid injections, interlaminar or transforaminal
- Radiofrequency ablation (rhizotomy) and medial branch blocks for the lumbar, thoracic, sacroiliac and cervical spine
- Knee, hip, shoulder, other joint and peri-tendinous injections
- Facet injections for the lumbar, thoracic and cervical spine
- EMG/NCS (electromyography and nerve conduction studies)
- Trigger point injections for myofascial pain
- Botox – intramuscular injections
Dr. Anderson has received numerous accolades for excellence in patient care and research, including the following:
- North American Spine Society, Editorial Board, SpineLine
- Senior Resident Impact Award, University of Colorado
- Chief Resident Service Award, University of Colorado
- Humanism & Excellence in Teaching Award, University of Colorado
- AAP Best Paper Award, Physiatry 2019, AAP Program Committee
- Gold Humanism Honor Society, University of Colorado
- A Mile Above: Peer Recognition, Children’s Hospital of Colorado
- Rehabilitation Humanism Award, University of Colorado Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- AAPM&R National Ambassador, University of Colorado Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation