The PRN MRI Technologist will perform diagnostic MRI procedures according to established protocols or physician’s special instructions. Communicates effectively with staff, physicians, patients and their families. Maintains accurate patient and department records. We are currently looking for a PRN MRI Technologist for our Vail and Frisco clinic locations.
- Properly identifies and transports (as needed) patients to and from MRI scan room as needed.
- Interviews and screen patients for contraindications. Consultation with supervisor radiologist or attending physicians as needed.
- Performs MRI studies; obtains patient history, explains routine procedures and addresses patient concerns. Prepares equipment and supplies as needed for each study. Ensures that emergency requests are performed on a timely basis appropriate to the nature of the emergency.
- Positions patient, attaches or adjusts immobilization devices as needed. practices sterile techniques and monitors patient movement and positioning to ensure that the patient is handled in a medically safe manner.
- Adjusts and operates MRI equipment to scan designated anatomical area in a safe and effective manner for operator and patient following MRI safety protocols.
- Reviews and evaluates completed scans for quality, completeness and type of test ordered. Ensure quality images are available for radiologist labeled correctly with patient identification and other information to make an accurate diagnosis.
- Assists in review and update of technical protocols and scheduling procedures for studies in the MRI department as requested.
Attributes and Qualifications:
- Graduate of 24-month AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology, National Certification from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) required and licensure as AART MRI registry or registry eligible
- 2 years experience required
- Excellent organization, communication (both written and verbal), and interpersonal skills required.
- Proven history of ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment; excellent critical thinking skills, ability to work independently, and manage time effectively.
- Demonstrated problem solving and work flow management skills required.
- Must be energetic, quality driven and have proven ability to be productive member of a cohesive team of peers dedicated to providing optimum patient care.
- Must maintain a professional attitude towards patients and an excellent and collegial working relationship with other Steadman Clinic, Steadman-Philippon Research Institute, and hospital personnel in involved in delivering patient care.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees, without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.